It’s a marshmallow world this winter, despite the lack of snow. As the candy-coated cottages and frosting-covered flats are being returned to their creators, ArtsQuest is pleased to announce the winners of its 3rd-annual SteelStacks Gingerbread House Competition.
This year’s competition featured winners in four categories. All entries were judged based on five key factors: Overall appearance and composition, originality and use of materials, the design execution, how the entry fit into its category, and the “Holiday Spirit” incorporated into the design.
The complete list of winners is:
1. “Keystone Confectionary” ($125 first place prize) by Nicolas Calabrese
2. “Santa’s Barn” ($100) by Connie Renaldi
3. “Country Meadows” ($25 ArtsQuest Gift Card) by Country Meadows
Kids/Family Gingerbread Creation:
1. “Christmas Eve on the Farm” ($125) by Jordyn, Ethan and the Zaro Family
2. “Superhero Headquarters” ($100) by Daisy Girl Scout Troop 8709
3. “Gingerbread House” ($25 ArtsQuest Gift Card) by Lazette Kwiatkowski
Gingerbread house submissions were on display at the ArtsQuest Center Nov. 20-Dec. 20. For more information, visit http://www.steelstacks.org/gingerbread.