It’s time to R.S.V.P. for the popular off-Broadway production of “Tony n’ Tina’s Wedding,” the over-the-top Italian-American celebration in which the guests don’t just watch, but participate directly, from the first toast to the last slice of cake. This one-of-a-kind show comes to the ArtsQuest Center’s Musikfest Café presented by Yuengling Feb. 10-11, 14 and 17-18 at 6:30 p.m., so get your tickets today for the wedding of the year! Tickets are $65-$75 and are on sale at www.steelstacks.org and 610-332-3378.
Playing to more than 5,500 people since it debuted at SteelStacks in January 2012, the outrageous “Tony n’ Tina’s Wedding” is returning to the Musikfest Café for the 5th time, ready to entertain audiences with a family wedding unlike any other. The Café will be decorated for the wedding, including a dance floor where everyone can join in the tarantella, a traditional Italian folk dance, as well as the Electric Slide, YMCA and the Chicken Dance. During each performance, guests will enjoy a traditional Caesar salad and baked ziti dinner served buffet style, followed by cake and coffee.
“Tony n’ Tina’s Wedding” opened in New York in 1988, and since then, the story of the Vitale and Nunzio families has been reimagined and modernized. Among the crazy characters guests encounter are a very pregnant bridesmaid, the bride’s jealous ex-boyfriend, the wild stripper girlfriend of the groom’s dad, a drug-peddling best man and the most obnoxious wedding photographer you can imagine.
ARTSQUEST SEEKING ACTORS FOR TONY AND TINA’S WEDDING PERFORMANCES
ArtsQuest invites local actors and actresses to audition for Tony and Tina’s Wedding, the long-running Off-Broadway show that is returning to SteelStacks in February 2017. Auditions will be held Jan. 7 -8, 1-5 p.m., in the Banko Family Gallery of the Banana Factory, 25 W. Third St., Bethlehem. Audition slots must be reserved by contacting ArtsQuest Performing Arts Coordinator Cory Stelzman at firstname.lastname@example.org; each slot is 10 minutes long.
Tony and Tina’s Wedding’s will take place at the ArtsQuest Center at SteelStacks Feb. 10-11, 14 and 17-18. Rehearsals will be held the week leading up to the run, and a complete rehearsal schedule will be provided at the audition. Actors who are selected to appear in the performances will be compensated for their involvement.
ArtsQuest is seeking men and women ages 18-60, but only individuals with outgoing personalities should apply. No experience is necessary, but improvisational skills and acting experience are helpful. Auditions will be interviews and some actors will be asked to improvise.
People interested in auditioning must email Stelzman by Jan. 5 with their name, phone number, resume, headshot and availability for Jan. 7-8. Audition date and time will be assigned via email; no phone calls please.
The following is a list of roles available in Tony and Tina’s Wedding:
- BARRY WHEELER: Best Man. Mid 20s. Charismatic. Small time drug dealer. Slick and the life of the party.
- CONNIE MACOGNI: Maid of Honor. Mid 20s. Italian. Sarcastic, jaded, party girl who is six months pregnant.
- DOMINICK FABRIZZI: Usher. Mid 20s. Italian. Bouncer at strip club. The muscle of the boys. Big, dumb and loveable bulldog with a big temper.
- DONNA MARSALA: Bridesmaid, 20s. Italian. Sexy, Kardashian type. Strong singer, obsessed with “The Voice.”
- AUNT ROSE: Tina’s aunt. 40s. Italian. Cosmopolitan. Shameless flirt. Life of the party. Sings well. Understudies Josephine, Madeline & Loretta.
- LUIGI DOMENICO: Tina’s great uncle. Late 60s to early 70s, Italian. Patriarch of Tina’s family. Old-world gentleman. Knows how to tell a good story.
- MADELINE MONROE: Tony Sr.’s girlfriend. 20s to 40s. Stripper. Sexy. Great body, but a hard living woman. Moves well.
- RICK DEMARCO: Joey Vitale’s Boyfriend. 20s to 30s. Italian. Gay, flamboyant, amateur videographer. Social media blogger. Moves well. Understudies Donny Dulce.
Please contact Stelzman at email@example.com with any questions regarding. More information on Tony and Tina’s Wedding can be found at www.tonylovestina.com
“Tony n’ Tina’s Wedding” performances will be held at Musikfest Cafe inside the ArtsQuest Center at SteelStacks, 101 Founders Way in Bethlehem. For more information visit www.steelstacks.org.
Leave A Comment