Lehigh Valley Fashion Week will be hosting a series of launch parties for the next 12 months in anticipation of the first Lehigh Valley Fashion Week spectacular event. Each party will launch something new the bi-annual Fashion Week will showcase and offer to the public.
The first launch party will be a “White and Gold Couture Party”, on July 12th at the Wave Night Club, 22 N. 6th Street, Allentown, PA, where an open invitation is extended to designers, stylist, boutiques, salons, and many other creative individuals and businesses.
The organizers will also be debuting their Promotional Models and Spokesmodels at this event. Registration and Sponsorship sign-up packages will be available for designers, models, photographers, salons, and stylist, who would like to be a part of next year’s first Fall/Winter Lehigh Valley Fashion Week. The events will be upbeat with a lot of video and photo coverage to capture these memorable moments.
I asked the founder of Lehigh Valley Fashion Week, Cyrie Jackson to elaborate on the thought process about the event. Below are the questions and answers:
- What is Lehigh Valley Fashion Week? A Lehigh Valley organization highlighting the fashion industry in the area. Our Fashion Week will consist of fashion shows at malls, boutiques and other venues around the Lehigh Valley.
- Why are you interested in developing this 2 times per year event? The Fashion Week will be held twice a year to highlight all the Fashion Seasons (Fall/Winter) (Spring/Summer) designer collections.
- How will Lehigh Valley Fashion Week benefit the area? Fashion Weeks are celebrated around the globe and has been proven to be the number one medium for presenting the work of fashion designers and other fashion-oriented crafts. It is known these events boost visibility and profit to the surrounding businesses. There will be multiple fashion and promotional events throughout the Lehigh Valley, where we will collaborate with sponsoring businesses, prior to the Fashion Week.
- Is LVFW going to be the same as New York or New Jersey Fashion Weeks? In a sense it will be, but since we are from the Valley, we are looking at ways to bring a different twist.
- Are there fashion talent available in the Lehigh Valley and will you be able to attract national names that Lehigh Valley residents will recognize? There are talented models, designers, hairstylist and make up artist from the Valley and we are trying to pull from this talent pool first, and then venture to others outside of the State/Valley. We are going to introduce to the Valley upcoming fashion from unknown, talented designers, and from well-known designers.
- What are you going to do to promote LVFW since the first event is 1 year away? We are having a Launch Party at the Wave Nightclub on July 12th. After our Launch Party, we are going to have supported events from our sponsors at restaurants, bars, boutiques, and malls, such as LVFW nights. Our efforts are to collaborate with LV businesses to increase their profits and visibility, and in turn, promote our Fashion Week.
- What’s going to happen at the Launch Party at the Wave? At our Launch party it will be a white and gold event where we will have our models dressed in theme. We are going to have a New York carnival team perform. We are offering our guests gifts from our sponsors. We will have registration forms for vendors, designers, models, hairstylist, and make up artists at the event, so we encourage our local talent pool to attend and register. We are also offering a free website to those who pre-register on our website, www.lehighvalleyfashionweek.com, attend our Launch Party, and take a picture at the venue and post it on instagram with the hashtags #lvfwlaunchparty and #amilive. We are going to introduce our models, sponsors, and showcase already registered designers’ outfits. It will be a networking event for all who are interested in getting involved with promoting the Valley through fashion. It is going to be a spectacular event, so everyone should come out! It is a free event with valet parking.
- What can the Lehigh Valley do to help make the event an immediate success? To make this an immediate success, the Lehigh Valley should come out to our events and spread the word through instagram, twitter, and facebook. Our twitter is lvfashionweekpa, facebook page is Lehigh Valley Fashion Week, and instagram is lehighvalleyfashionweek. As a Lehigh Valley business to make this an immediate and lasting success, it can be done through united efforts by sponsorship and unified marketing.