Skiing is a great winter activity for locals of Lehigh Valley, but it can become a pricey adventure fairly quickly. Here are a few tips and tricks on how to get the most for your dollar when skiing on a budget:
- Look out for ski packages. Often, hotels and ski resorts are struggling last minute to fill unused rooms and will offer discounted rates on vacation packages. These deals typically cost as much as a lift ticket, but cover that and the price of a hotel room. You can usually find great deals like this at the beginning or end of the ski season, and sometimes during the middle of the week.
- Plan ahead. Don’t take a spur of the moment ski trip and expect to save big. The best way to save money booking a ski adventure is to take the time to plan ahead. Planning ahead allows you to shop around and compare prices to get the best deals on your ski trip. Booking hotel stays as well as seats on flights early will allow you to save the most money in the long run.
- Spend only on the necessities. If you’re travelling outside of the Lehigh Valley on your ski trip, don’t opt for the hotel room with the Jacuzzi and kitchenette You’re only going to be in the room to sleep, so book a room that will accommodate you with a place to sleep and a bathroom. Taking out the extra amenities will help cut down the cost of the hotel room and leave you with more money to spend on skiing!
- Buy the right gear. If you ski often enough, you’ll want to look into purchasing the best gear that will withstand the test of time. Rather than waiting in long lines and spending extra money on expensive rental equipment, invest in quality ski clothing, boots, bindings, and skis. You can find ski and snowboarding gear at specialty stores like The Ski Bum or various sporting goods stores.
- Travel with a large group. The more people you have join you on your skiing excursion, the less each person will have to pay. There are often major discounts offered to large groups, cutting back the prices on lift tickets, gear rentals, and even lessons. You’ll also save money on room and food fees with a larger crowd.
Luckily, you won’t have to break the bank to have fun on the slopes with these helpful cost-cutting tips!