On February 8 from 1-3p.m., the public is invited to sample a delicious array of dishes and desserts at the ArtsQuest Center at SteelStacks, all of them made with Girl Scout Cookies, as the Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania, ArtsQuest™ and the region’s culinary community come together for the first-ever “Girl Scout Cookie Crunch” event.
Attendees will enjoy dishes and desserts created by area restaurants and eateries, all of them featuring one of the eight Girl Scout Cookie flavors. Guests will be able to visit the various restaurants’ tables to sample the different offerings, talk to chefs and vote for their favorite offering for the People’s Choice Award; musical entertainment will be provided by singer-songwriter Lizanne Knott.
The list of confirmed participants so far and a sample of their offerings include:
- Aramark Culinary Team at the ArtsQuest Center, Bethlehem – Make Your Own Ice Cream Treat Station
- Bruno Scipioni’s Italian Ristorante, Bethlehem Township – Salted Caramel deLites® Cheesecake
- The Hamilton, Allentown – Cranberry Citrus® dish TBA
- Iron Lakes Country Club, Orefield – Chipotle Shortbread® Mac and Cheese
- Lehigh Catering, Bethlehem – Peanut Butter Truffle with Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies®; Thin Mints® dish TBA
- Saxbys Coffee, Bethlehem – Gourmet Coffees paired with Girl Scout Cookies
- The Steel Pub, Bethlehem – Open Face Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie with Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies®
- Werts Café, Allentown – Frozen Peanut Butter Pie with Peanut Butter Patties®
Tickets for the culinary event, a fundraiser for the Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania and ArtsQuest, are $35 for the public, $30 for ArtsQuest Members and $21 for active Girl Scouts ages 17 and under; they are on sale now at www.steelstacks.org and 610-332-3378. Proceeds from the Girl Scout Cookie Crunch will go to support the Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania and the ArtsQuest™ Arts Education Fund.