Come for the fun! Learn about and celebrate all the things that we can be proud of as Allentonians:
Points of Pride Parade:
• You’ll hear the Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps, premiere U.S. Army Band based in Washington, D.C. who will lead off the parade at 11 a.m. with opening ceremonies in front of William Allen High School, named for the founder of our city. The William Allen Chorale will sing their signature version of the Star Spangled Banner, and then cannons will fire to start the parade.
• Watch history pass by, from 17th down Hamilton Street, as each division of the parade represents fifty years in Allentown’s history.
• You’ll be stirred by the music of 17 marching bands, including all three Allentown high schools
Points of Pride Community Festival:
See what entertainment will be at the festival Here
• Beginning at noon on Hamilton from 8th – 10th Street and all along 9th Street there will be vendors, exhibits, children’s activities and entertainers. The fun continues until 7 p.m.
• Enjoy three different entertainment venues featuring performers like these:
• Helms Deep, the Allentown Band, Dave Fry, the Rejoice Choir, James Supra, Cover Story, and many more!
• Get a free blood pressure screening, or a massage, free health tips, tour the Health Star Van in the Health Care Corner where there will be 14 health care providers
• View and vote for your favorite parade floats and inspect special military and emergency vehicles, antique and classic cars throughout the area at 9th & Hamilton Sts.
Learn more Here!