This weekend SteelStacks celebrates the region’s Latino culture with four days of music, food and family fun. The third-annual ¡Sabor! festival features free concerts by Ricky Luis and the Luisito Rosario Orchestra, as well as visual arts, Latin dance workshops, a new Mariachi Mass and more presented by community organizations such as the Hispanic American League of Artists (HALA), Hispanic Center Lehigh Valley, Borinqueneers, Latin American Motorcycle Association and more.
– HOLA Radio presents New Journey, Renzo and Ricky Luis, former lead singer of GRAMMY nominated salsa group N’Klabe (8-11 p.m.)
– Children’s Latin and Caribbean drum workshop with percussionist Hector Rosado (11:30 a.m.)
– Borinqueneers and Latin American Motorcycle Association motorcycle brigade (noon)
– Flag raising ceremony featuring raising of Puerto Rican and American flags in honor of St. John the Baptist, patron saint of Puerto Rico (noon)
– Aztec dance group Cenzontle Cuicatl (3:30 p.m.)
– Performance by Luisito Rosario Orchestra (8 p.m.)
– Mariachi Mass presented by Holy Infancy Catholic Church (10 a.m.)
– Cops ‘n Kids Book Giveaway (noon-4 p.m.)
– Bilingual storytelling for kids by Bethlehem Area Public Library SouthSide Branch (2 p.m.)
– Salsa performance and workshop by Mambo Fuego (4:30 p.m.)
All Weekend Long
– Collection of non-perishable food items for the Hispanic Center Lehigh Valley and New Bethany Ministries food banks.
– Delicious Latin cuisine served up by vendors such as Hogar Crea and Holy Infancy Catholic Church
¡Sabor! begins at 7 p.m. Friday, 11:30 a.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. Sunday. For more information, please visit www.artsquest.org/sabor.